Lorac Pro Palette 2 Review and Swatches

Time to review one of my favourite palettes!

I've owned the Lorac Pro Palette 2 for the better part of a year now. This is the only palette I use practically every day, and this is a personal accomplishment since I own a ton of palettes. So what makes these sixteen eyeshadows stand out above the rest, including its predecessor?

The Lorac Pro Palette 2 comes with sixteen shades, eight matte, and eight shimmery. Each pan contains 0.02oz of product, and while that doesn't seem like much, you don't need much to fully saturate your brush. This set also comes with a 0.19oz sample of Lorac Behind the Scenes Primer, which is a great creamy primer to use below these shadows for extra longevity.

 This palette has an incredibly versatile set of shades with which you can create almost any look, and a fantastic range of shades that flatter all skin tones, which is something I feel most palettes don't do.

Quality-wise, this palette is among the best of the best. These shadows manage to be incredibly buttery while having little to no fallout. The pigmentation is out of this world; one swipe of your brush will do it to produce a densely saturated application. I feel this is one palette that I can rely on for my dark circles; I don't have to continuously build up colour to cover hyperpigmentation.

The original Lorac Pro Palette is also a fantastic palette, but I feel it doesn't boast as much of a colour diversity as the second one. The Pro Palette 2 offers an equal variety of cool, warm, colourful, and neutral shades.

All swatches done without primer.

Swatched on NC45 skintone

Swatched on NC50/NC43 skintone

Buff - Warm light beige. Great as a matte browbone highlight.
Light Brown - Slightly yellow toned, standard brown. My eyelids are 2-3 shades darker than the rest of my skin, so I use this colour (under colour correcting primer) all over the lid on days I want to equalise my skin tone and throw on some liner.
Cool Gray - Exactly as described. A cool toned medium gray. I love popping this in my outer V and using a colour like Nectar all over the lid for a soft matte smokey eye.
Nectar - Cool, light peachy pink. Flatters dark skin tones so much!
Plum - Medium-dark neutral purple. Doesn't look muddy when applied on lid, like many purples do.
Navy - The most beautiful navy blue in existence! The pigment in this shadow is out of this world; doesn't look overly dark when applied over primer.
Charcoal - Neutral ash gray. Great for smoking out black eyeliner or shadow.
Black - A standard matte black. Very buttery for a matte shadow, great colour payoff.

Snow - Frosty shimmery white. Nice as an inner corner highlight but use sparingly! Super pigmented.
Beige - Creamy off-white. Can also be used as a great cheekbone highlight if dusted lightly.
Rosé - Incredibly beautiful iridescent pink. Lovely lid shade.
Mocha - Very pigmented brown-pink. Super buttery!
Chrome - Medium silver with purple/pink reflects. 
Silver - Slightly cool, shiny silver. Great for any cool-toned look.
Jade - The most beautiful deep green. The creamiest shadow in the palette for sure.
Cocoa - Deep brown with slight terracotta undertones.

Light Brown/Cool Gray as transition shades.
Jade all over lid and Navy in crease and outer V.


You can purchase this palette at ULTA, Amazon, or the Lorac website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?