Louboutin Mini-Haul! Polishes and Lipstick

I was very fortunate to be able to purchase some Louboutin Beauty products right before the holiday season. Being a packaging junkie, Louboutin Beauty is the cream of the crop for me. Their elegant, yet edgy cosmetic packaging are among the most coveted in the beauty industry.


Of course, Louboutin Beauty products are hard to come by in Canada. The only place the lipsticks and polishes are sold are in Holt Renfrew stores. I managed to pick these up off the Sephora.com website, and sent them to a friend in the U.S. There is a significant price difference in the U.S. vs Canadian products, but it is mostly to account for the poor dollar. I purchased these during the VIB Rouge sale, so I managed to snag an extra 20% off. If you can manage to wait to get your Louboutin items, and you have a friend in the States, I highly recommend going this route if you want to purchase some pieces for yourself.

The two nail polishes I ordered are from their Nude collection. I wanted to go for unique shades that I don't already have in my collection, so I opted for Alta Perla, a beautiful gray-green, and Tres Decollete, a soft pastel pink.



I was pretty unsure of the lipstick colour or finish that I wanted. Considering over 80% of the stock was sold out on Sephora, it made my decision a bit easier. I went for You You, the darkest shade in the Sheer Voile collection. It is a beautiful deep wine shade, perfect for deep skin tones.






The polishes are among my favourite formula ever. They go on slightly patchy to begin with, but beautifully even themselves out while drying. Adding a second coat on top seals in the richness of the colours. The shine on this polish is out of this world. I paired it with the Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat, my favourite top coat to date.




The Sheer Voile lipstick feels amazing on the lips, quite like a tinted lip balm. The colour payoff isn't amazing, but that is to be had with the Sheer Voile collection. The packaging is breathtaking, heavy, and well-constructed. 

My only issue with the lipstick is that I feel the cap becomes a little looser over time, so be careful if you are wearing this as a pendant. Another small issue is that the lipstick sits flush to the tube when it's fully wound down, so apply the lid carefully, as to not accidentally dent the lipstick with the cap. Clumsy me does this often.

Are these worth the hefty price tag? The polishes, definitely. If you don't wear a large range of polish shades (like myself), then it is definitely worth it to invest in a few key shades that you know you will be constantly wearing.

As for the lipsticks, I will tell you that the $115 CDN price tag probably isn't worth the lipstick itself, but if you can manage to grab it with a discount like I did, definitely take a look and pick one up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?