Hakuhodo J210 and J511 Brush Review and Photos!

When I knew Hakuhodo was going to have a booth at IMATS Toronto last year, I knew I had to visit and pick up a couple of brushes I was eyeing online for months.

I picked up two brushes, both from their J Series Collection, the J210 (round) and the J511 (angled).

These are probably my favourite brushes out of my collection. Soft is an understatement; even my husband strokes them across his face from time to time because they are that soft! They are made from uncut goat hair. The uncut process of these brushes means that the brush artisan places the hairs into the correct shape, without having to trim or shape the brush hairs. The result of this is incredibly soft brushes!


Hakuhodo J210 Round - This is the perfect blush brush. It picks up the perfect amount of product and is the best shape to bounce on the apples of your cheeks. The softness is out of this world, however, I find that after washing a few times that it gets a tiny bit rougher over time. It can be comparable to the Make Up For Ever brushes I own after a couple of washes, but those are still incredibly soft.


Hakuhodo J511 Angled - I have a couple of brushes in the exact same size, but I grab this one more than the others for sure. This is the perfect brush to give you a soft contour or highlight application. I find it is a little too small for blush application. I use this brush in conjunction with my Anastasia Contour Kit on days I want a soft, natural contour. I first use this brush to apply the contour in an angled line, then turn the brush onto its side to buff in the contour. It is a great size for smaller faces.

Now are these brushes worth the money? Sure, if you have the available finances to splurge on Hakuhodo, by all means you should try one or two out. I saved up specifically for these brushes; out of my entire IMATS purchase this was my one "splurge" purchase, as I am a brush junkie. These brushes are built wonderfully and sturdily, and feel incredibly luxurious. If you're ever at an IMATS convention, you should definitely stop by their booth and give them a feel. I think I will pick up a couple more when September rolls around.

Have you played around with Hakuhodo brushes before?
What brushes that you own do you think are the softest? I'd love to know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?