Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick: Sandalwood Beige, Toast of New York

While visiting my local drugstore cosmetics section, I happened upon the Revlon Super Lustrous line of lipsticks, and whoop whoop, they were on sale for $4.99. I figured what the hey, I don't own a lot of drugstore lipsticks but these looked pretty good so I got them to try out.



The two colours I picked up were 240 Sandalwood Beige and 325 Toast of New York. Sandalwood Beige is a creamy deep pink, a great spring colour for dark skin. Toast of New York is a deep reddish brown, a beautiful "my lips but better" shade for darker skin.

 240 Sandalwood Beige, 325 Toast of New York

The formula feels luxurious, close to MAC's Amplified or Cremesheen lines. The staying power is average; I had to re-apply once for a short day out, and twice for a longer day out.

Swatched on NC45 skin

Swatched on NC50 skin

The brown in Toast of New York definitely stands out more against NC50 skin, making it a rich maroon. Sandalwood Beige pulls a lot more orange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?