My Make Up Geek Eyeshadow Collection

After hearing so much buzz about Make Up Geek Cosmetics and Marlena, I asked my wonderful fiance for some shadows as a birthday gift. He certainly didn't disappoint!




I currently own 26 Make Up Geek eyeshadows. I'm planning to make another order in the near future, once she releases the new batch of foiled eyeshadows.

Each eyeshadow is 1.8g/0.064oz, talc and paraben free, and cruetly free. They offer (actually reasonable) worldwide shipping, and awesome customer service. I can't express how much I love their service and loyalty to consumers. Being in that field myself, I am so happy when a company values us as consumers, and also as people.

The quality of these shadows shattered my expectations. You know when you see a bunch of bloggers and gurus hype up a product so much that when you get it, it's an absolute let-down? Not these. I haven't found one shadow I dislike, which kind of bummed me out, because RIP wallet, I want all of these.

The best part? These shadows are only $5.99! I managed to build a respectable collection while not breaking the bank. I don't have all the money in the world to spend on makeup, and getting shadows that I can use every day and for every look make me happy that I didn't fall into undeserved hype.

All swatches done without primer, two swipes.

Swatches L to R: Mocha, Cocoa Bear, Goddess, Cosmopolitan, Frappe, Latte, Creme Brulee
Mocha: Deep, matte chocolate brown, with slight gray undertones. I wish this was a bit more pigmented and a little less chalky, but for a standard dark brown shadow, it does the job.
Cocoa Bear: Super pigmented matte deep red brown.
Goddess: Beautiful duo-chrome shimmery rust orange. Sometimes I use just this all over the lid as it has a cool duo-chrome orange/gold to rust red combination.
Cosmopolitan: Warm shimmery pinky-gold. Fantastic colour for brides!
Frappe: Medium matte brown. Very pigmented and smooth. Very subtle sheen,
Latte: Medium-light matte brown. Great for evening out the eyelid for dark skin.
Creme Brulee: Warm creamy matte light brown. Also great for evening out the eyelid for dark skin.

Barcelona Beach: Cool toned matte gray-brown. I dug my fingernail into the side of this one D:
Peach Smoothie: Neutral matte peachy beige. Fantastic transition shade for a range of skin tones, dark skin included.
Shimma Shimma: Quite possibly the butteriest shadow I own. A very little bit goes a long way. Shimmering off white.
Unexpected: Dusty matte purple with a hint of gray. Great all-over lid colour.
Twilight: Very similar to Unexpected, just a hair lighter, and with shimmer.

Swatches L to R: Burlesque, Bitten, Sensuous, Last Dance
Burlesque: Deep, neutral, shimmery burgundy.
Bitten: Deep matte maroon. Looks amazing on deep skintones. Possibly one of my favourite colours ever.
Sensuous: Shimmery plum purple with reflects of silver.
Last Dance: Shimmery reddish-purple with gold reflects. Sensuous and Last Dance look very similar when swatched, with Last Dance being a hair darker and a bit more red. It isn't necessary to own both shades, one or the other would do.

Swatches L to R: Dirty Martini, Envy, Peacock
Dirty Martini: Beautiful matte army green. Super buttery and doesn't look muddy when blended out.
Envy: Deep blackened green with rainbow reflects.
Peacock: Matte teal blue, leaning a bit on the cool side.

Swatches L to R: Corrupt, Galaxy, Stealth, White Lies
Corrupt: Blackest black with subtle silver reflects. My only qualm is that I wish this shadow was a bit more matte, and a little less chalky-feeling, but it makes up for its shortcomings with the amount of pigmentation it packs. Although it feels chalky, it doesn't apply like that at all.
Galaxy: Medium cool shimmery silver.
Stealth: Medium gray with a tiny hint of blue.
White Lies: Matte pure white. Applies a bit chalky, and you need to build up a bit for a true white, but nonetheless a great shade.


Bottom line, these shadows are worth the hype. They are on par, if not better, than most MAC shadows, and MAC shadows are double the price of a Make Up Geek shadow in Canada. These shadows show up wonderfully on dark skin, without any mudding up of pigment. Nowadays, drugstore single shadows are around the same price, if not more than these. Definitely give Make Up Geek a glance if you're in the market for great quality eyeshadows!
Creme Brulee, Latte, Cocoa Bear used as Transition Shades
Goddess all over Lid and Lower Lid
Cocoa Bear in Outer V and Lower Lid

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?