The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Moisturizer



The Body Shop isn't somewhere I normally get my skincare products. I usually like to stick to department stores, drugstore products, or Sephora. My friend May took me in to The Body Shop last month and recommended I get the Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet. I ended up purchasing that and the Vitamin E Exfoliator.

Let me start off by saying I have the most problematic skin on the planet. It gets oily very fast, but it also dries up the second I dry my face after washing it. If I don't apply a moisturiser or serum right away after drying my face, I get intense dry and flaky patches that won't go away for days. 

Upon feeling the texture of this moisturiser in-store, I realised how unique of a product it is. It has an almost spongy texture, and is in between a gel and a cream, but more so on the gel side. I bought it for the texture alone, as it seemed incredibly hydrating.

After three weeks, I have finished my first jar, using just this in conjunction with my Philosophy Purity Cleanser. I have to use a fair amount of this moisturiser after washing my face. I use about a half teaspoon sized amount immediately after drying my face, then wait a few minutes and apply a quarter teaspoon sized amount. I have to apply twice because my face sucks up any and all moisture the product puts on my face. 

However, my skin is very problematic. May only has to use a super tiny amount on her combination-oily skin to fully moisturise and demi-mattify her face before she applies her makeup.

I love the finish this moisturiser gives. As I said, my skin is super dry, but it tends to get oily quite fast throughout the day. This moisturiser gives me a demi-matte finish, and paired with a silicone primer, gives me a super matte, but hydrated, base for my makeup. It has also cleared up almost all blemishes on my skin. I used to have quite blemished skin from *ahem* picking at my pimples and creating scars, but they're mostly faded now after using this moisturiser.

Like I mentioned, I had used the first jar within three weeks. I went one week without it to see what would happen to my skin. I kept using my Purity Cleanser, but used a different moisturiser (Aveeno Intense Relief Moisture Repair Cream), and the difference was... shocking to say the least. 

I used to use the Aveeno cream before I bought this Body Shop one and I didn't have fantastic skin, but I also didn't have bad skin either. My skin went right back to it's old, dull state within two days, with raised bumps all over and intense flaking. So I managed to grab another jar today because I realise now this is the best stuff for my overly sensitive, combination skin.

Bottom line, when used in conjunction with a good cleanser, this moisturiser is great! I wish it was a bit more hydrating so I wouldn't have to apply so much, but my problems would be solved if I used a serum underneath the Aqua Boost Sorbet to hydrate my skin further. I'm thinking of picking up the one in the same Vitamin E series so I will update with my findings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?