My Sigma Face Brush Collection

My Sigma brush collection isn't by any means excessive. After hearing such high praise from various make-up gurus, I decided to splurge and purchase several brushes off their website.

Sigma Beauty is located in New Brighton, Minnesota, USA. It's definitely one of the fastest-growing beauty businesses, with many make-up bloggers and YouTube gurus promoting their products. Sigma Affiliates (and no, I'm not one!) earn a commission from buyers using their links to purchase products off of the website.

Sigma Beauty offers a wide range of face, eye, and lip brushes, with silver, copper, or gold metal ferrules and a glossy black wooden handle. Their newest line of brushes, the 3DHD collection, is even more customisable with black, white, or pink handles, and silver or copper ferrules.Sigma also carries several brush accessories, such as their Spa Cleansing Glove to help deep clean brushes, and brush cases to keep your brushes secure and in one place.

Summarising my entire Sigma Beauty experience, I have to say for the price you pay, what you get is mostly worth it. The brushes are super soft and generally cut well, with minimal to no shedding. There were a few brushes I have had issues with, which I'll explain more in detail below. But all in all, would I buy Sigma brushes again? Probably. Will I buy them because of their name? No. I'll buy them because they are built quite well and the customer service is unlike any other I've seen, other than Makeup Geek.

A lot of people stand by other brush companies like Morphe, because for the price you pay you get fantastic quality; however, my experiences with their customer service has been awful, as many others have said. I'd prefer to pay a bit of a premium for friendly, helpful staff than to pay a little less and not feel like a valued customer.

I've had a few issues with my Sigma brushes, but their customer service team is top-notch, which is one reason they'll have me as a repeat customer. While not as prompt as I'd hope, their team is super helpful in providing tips and answers whenever I have questions, and have replaced a few of my brushes that have broken or weren't quite right to begin with.

That being said, I feel like the ever-increasing cost of Sigma brushes should reflect their quality. I shouldn't have to contact them repeatedly due to poor quality. Most of my brushes have been fine but I've had two face brushes replaced out of the nine I own, and these brushes have been owned for less than a year. I've also had to have an eye brush replaced; I own six of their eye brushes.

I own five face brushes, all of them but one are kabukis.

Sigma F84 - Angled Kabuki Brush. I love using this brush to buff in powder foundation or any oil-control powders. I also use this brush to apply my under-eye concealer. I feel it gives such a flawless application to my under-eye when used with liquid concealers. I feel this brush would pack on thicker concealers too densely which would cause creasing. As is the case with all of the other kabukis I own, cleaning is a pain, but I don't have to clean this one nearly as much to avoid streaking.


Sigma F80 - Flat Top Kabuki Brush. I use this brush often when I apply liquid foundations. This brush is incredibly dense and soft, and definitely gives a flawless, airbrushed finish, and applies foundation evenly. The only downside to this brush is the intensive cleaning process. It's quite hard to deep-clean and also manage to get every bit of soap out. The bristles cling together a bit after two or three uses, which causes minor streaks upon application, but I find a daily brush cleanser and/or wiping the brush on a paper towel does the trick.


Sigma F86 - Tapered Kabuki Brush. At first, I used this kabuki brush for my under-eye concealer instead of the F84. However, after washing for the second time, I had a strange splitting of this brush down the middle. No hairs were lost, but when re-shaping the brush there would be a bit of a shift in the middle so the bristles didn't lay properly. It didn't really affect the quality of the brush too much so I went on and continued to use it. However, about a couple of weeks ago, as I was cleaning it a ton of hairs started to fall out. Every time I ran my finger through the top a few hairs would poke out and be completely detached from the ferrule. I haven't spoken to Sigma about it and probably won't, since I don't really have a use for the brush.


Sigma F50 - Duo Fibre Brush. This brush is super duper soft. It has long, sparse white bristles, and short black bristles. I love using this brush for cream blushes and light foundation application. The first F50 I purchased had some slight shedding. After a few months, the brush hairs completely detached from the ferrule. Annoyed at this, I threw out the brush. I mean I paid $30 for this brush (copper version) and it just crapped out on me after light usage. I contacted Sigma and they promptly sent me a replacement. This one has had zero problems so far and I'm incredibly pleased with the customer service and professionalism I experienced.

Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush. I bought this brush on a whim because of the white handle and the interesting design. While I don't really use it as directed by the Sigma website, I do use it for foundation application and it applies just as great as my F80 does. I find the F80 to be slightly large for my face, so I use the 3DHD in downward strokes to apply foundation. So generally, only one side of the brush is saturated with product and the other side is effectively untouched. This brush lets me get into the nooks and crannies of my face and applies foundation evenly. To be honest, I prefer this brush over the F80 mainly because of its shape. It's a bit of a learning curve to use this brush to its full potential, as I've learned, but I also love using it how I do now.

I'll be reviewing my other Sigma brushes, including the 4pc. Sigmax Precision Kit, and the small collection of eye brushes I own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?