Lorac Palette Review and Swatches

One of the most popular palettes ever, the original Lorac Pro Palette is here to stay as a staple in any makeup collection. There are so many neutral palettes on the market right now, but this ultra-pigmented, sixteen shadow set is up there with the best of the best, while still coming in at a reasonable price point. The Lorac Pro Palette retails for $42, and can be purchased at ULTA, Amazon, or the Lorac website.


The Lorac Pro Palette contains sixteen eyeshadows, eight matte, and eight shimmer. They can be used wet for a heavy, saturated application, or traditionally dry. Each pan contains 0.02oz of product; while that doesn't seem like much, you barely need to dip your brush into each pan for the most pigmented colour and buttery texture. The palette also comes with a 0.19oz mini sample of the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, which paired with the shadows, offers a long-lasting wear time. 

I love this palette. Between this and the Lorac Pro Palette 2, I can do almost any eye look my heart desires. The quality of this palette blows me away; I would normally expect to pay considerably more for shadows of this caliber, and $42 for a set of sixteen shadows is an absolute steal.

My only complaint is that the black shade is more of a deep charcoal gray, as is the black in the Lorac Pro Palette 2, and the white comes off as a bit chalky and not as pigmented as the other shades.

Swatched on NC45 skintone

Swatched on NC50/NW43 skintone

White - Matte white. Kind of chalky, but I haven't found a matte white shadow that isn't. Let me know if you do!
Cream - Slight off-white, definitely less chalky than White but it feels a bit dry.
Taupe - Standard, neutral light brown. Leans a bit gray-ish.
Light Pink - Bright, super light pink. Looks quite white with a subtle hint of pink when applied on lid.
Mauve - Pinky brown. Similar to Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in 600.
Sable - Reddish deep brown. Fantastic transition shade for deeper complexions. 
Espresso - Deep almost-black brown. I love using a light wash of this over my lid as part of a smokey eye.
Black - Not so much black as dark gray, but a super buttery shade. I used to use the tiniest amount of this applied on a Makeup Geek Pencil Brush to fill in my brows as it mimicked the ashiness of deep eyebrows. Now that I have my Anastasia Brow Wiz this faithful shade has been retired from that purpose.

Nude - Shimmery off-white. When applied lightly, it makes a great inner corner highlight for any cooler-toned eye look.
Champagne - A tad darker than Nude, I would use this shade for the same purpose, but for warmer eye looks.
Gold  - The most beautiful deep yellow gold; when applied wet has the most intense shimmery finish. Fantastic applied all over the lid for a night out! It really makes dark eyes pop.
Light Bronze - A lighter counterpart to Gold, this shade can be incorporated into both neutral and vibrant eye looks.
Pewter - Dark chrome with lavender reflects. For a cool-toned smokey eye, this is my go-to shade.
Garnet - I bought this palette mainly for this colour. I love using it in the outer corner of my eye with a light gold on the lid, for a lovely, fiery eye look, as shown in one of my looks below.
Deep Purple - Blackened eggplant purple. Doesn't look muddy and overly black on deep skin tones, which is a huge plus.
Slate - Cool dark grey with blue reflects. Reminds me of astro dust. Paired great with Pewter and White for a deep gradient look.

This is a great palette for people just starting out in makeup, as the blendability of these shadows is fantastic for beginners. It shows up beautifully on dark skin, which is a huge plus in my books. This palette is also awesome for people who prefer neutral eye looks, as it's jam packed with neutral shades, but if you want to create any special occasion look, the shimmery shades will transform any neutral look into one worthy of the red carpet.
TaupeSable and Espresso used as transition shades. Pewter on Outer V. Light Bronze all over lid. Black applied wet as liner on upper and lower lid.

TaupeSable and Espresso used as transition shades. Pewter on Outer V. Light Bronze all over lid. Black applied wet as liner on upper and lower lid.

Taupe and Sable used as transition shades. Garnet in Outer V. Light Bronze mixed with Cream used all over lid.


Have you used this palette? What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?