Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Swatch and Review

I love Jaclyn Hill. I think she's an awesome person and an even better makeup guru. I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding her and her fame, but as an avid subscriber of two and a half years, I can say her personality hasn't changed. She seemed a little more mellow in the past, but she has so much to be excited about now; with all of her success and collaborations, anyone in her position would be happy too.

I had the pleasure of picking up her highlighter in collaboration with Becca Cosmetics, Champagne Pop. After a tedious time of attempting to order it online, (it released five hours later on Sephora Canada compared to the US) I put it on hold at a nearby store and picked it up the day after release.


The outer packaging is different from other Becca highlights. It's champagne coloured, with little raised bubbles, and has Jaclyn Hill's signature printed on.


Coming from someone who doesn't highlight often, this. highlight. is. everything. I love the sheen it gives to my face when applied subtly, and I love the dramatic shine it gives me when I use a heavier hand. It doesn't look ashy on my deep skin at all, when initially I thought it would. The powder is very soft and creamy, and blends out beautifully. I barely have to dip my brush in the pan to get a good amount of product.


All the credit isn't due to Jaclyn Hill though; it's mainly due to Becca Cosmetics. While Jaclyn picked the colour, she didn't pick the formula. The formula is identical to Becca's previous highlights. After trying Champagne Pop, I'm definitely inclined to purchase more from their line.

Sephora keeps selling out of this highlighter, but I see it pop back onto the site every now and then. It's also floating around in some stores (I saw it as recently as three days ago), so you can always call your store to place one on hold. At $46 for 8 grams of product, this highlight, while pricey, will practically last forever with the little amount of product I need to use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?