Sephora Pro + Hakuhodo Otsubu Brush Review

I love the Hakuhodo brushes I purchased at IMATS Toronto last year. I also love Sephora Pro brushes. So it should come as no surprise that when I saw that Sephora and Hakuhodo were collaborating on a brush collection that I had to grab at least one brush. I ended up choosing the Otsubu Brush: Large Teardrop Pointed Powder Brush.

The packaging is very luxurious. The brush comes in a textured red cardboard box with a black sleeve outlining the Japanese name of the brush and a short descriptor of its purpose.


Hakuhodo is well known for their natural hair brushes. I own two goat hair brushes from their J Series and they are the epitome of softness. When I heard the collaboration with Sephora would be with synthetic hairs, I was a little nervous to see how Hakuhodo would perform in that department. They didn't let me down! My Make Up For Ever 160 Blush Brush is similar in shape to this. I use this brush for setting my undereye concealer, applying blush, powder, and highlight. It's nice that I now have two top-quality brushes to help me in the mornings!

When opened, the brush is secured elastically to the box and a photo of the brush is in the inner lid.


The handle is a weighty wood with a lacquered and polished red handle and black ferrule. The collaborators' names are engraved in silver at the end of the handle.


My top pick for synthetic brushes was the Make Up For Ever line. Their synthetic brushes are fantastic and incredibly soft. However, Hakuhodo has easily dethroned Make Up For Ever in terms of performance and softness. At first glance, you wouldn't even be able to tell that the Hakuhodo brushes are manufactured with synthetic hairs. They've mimicked the appearance and bounce of natural hairs impeccably. This is a limited edition collection, available for VIB and VIB Rouge members only so far, so grab them at Sephora while you can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Contact Us

Who Am I?